09 January, 2012

Ode to the gilmores

I owe a lot to "Gilmore Girls." I can't even explain what that show has done for me.  There are a lot of haters, but I will love it forever. I've never been a huge t.v. watcher, but this is different.  I'm happy Jordan introduced me during Christmas break of my freshman year. Addicted was an understatement.  If someone wanted to hang out, they basically had to get in my bed and watch it with me on my ghetto t.v. because I needed to see every episode. Jillian finally bought all of the seasons and somehow outgrew it later. (R.I.P) I took it upon myself to care for them. It is the solution to so many things.  Trouble sleeping? Watch Gilmore.  Scared of Ted-bundy-like-creepers? Gilmore. Sick? Lorelai and rory are there to take care of you.  Working a grave? GG is a must.  Crafternoon? It's a perfect combo of funny and weirdness.

I'm scared almost every time I work a grave.  It's fine-I know I'm a baby.   Even though we are technically allowed to sleep, it doesn't usually happen for me. Between waking up to loud screaming/laughter and thinking of the sketchy neighbors, it's another non-sleeping, 18 hour shift.  I really, really love my job.  It is the most meaningful job I've ever had and my clients are like family to me. But all I'm saying is thank goodnass for these dvds. 

I just came back from helping the same client back to bed for the 7th time tonight. As I was creeping back to my chair with the flashlight on my phone, I came around the corner to see this creepy Asian face.  I had paused it at the wrong moment. Sorry lane.  It was a bit too grudge-like for me. 

But Nbd. Still in love, so hate on them, haters.


2 comments:

Jill said...

This makes me beyond happy. And someday I'd like to re-watch "your" dvd's... haha.

Enna said...

hhahaha yeah... I guess you could do that.