20 June, 2011

Accept me for the Asian I am

If you know me, you know I love all things Asian.
Working at a Japanese restaurant with all Chinese employees really works out for me.
All of them are constantly trying to improve their english, so I get a lot of questions.
Most of them are just about the meaning or pronunciation of everyday words.
"Louis" knows all the great phrases. Some of them come out a little bit awkward.
Like "you're barking in my wrong tree." What does that even mean?

My personal favorite:
On Friday "Cici" asked me what "love handles" means.
I explained what it was and asked her why/how she had heard that.
Of course it was from her favorite song by Akon. Great way to learn English.
Or you could just watch Prison Break every night, like Louis.

3 comments:

Jordan said...

I accept!

D Bulloch said...

I must meet Louis... I'm obsessed with Prison Break... Mmmm Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows... not a big deal Im naming my first son Lincoln

Enna said...

come on in big D. He is super rad.