15 March, 2012

I'm right, You're wrong

Last summer I listened to Adele a little bit more than I should have.  I love Adele, but it couldn't be healthy to listen to anything that much.  In my defense, it was refreshing to have actual talent on the radio.  Then I heard "Someone Like You."  That song gives me chills.  You know it has real meaning behind it and wasn't just written for the radio.  I usually don't try to bring up debates, but this was different.  I had to know what everyone elses favorite Adele song was.  And the answer had to be the same as mine or I was upset. 

Annie was my roommate at the time and listened to "Make You Feel My Love" probably as much as I listened to my Adele obsession.  What I thought: Good, but not an original and not as much feeling.

Our friend KC baby was loving "Rolling in the Deep."  My thoughts: Good song. WAY overplayed.  Too radioesque.

I just pretended they were wrong and I was right. 

A few months later when "overplayed" was an understatement for my favorite Adele song, I thought about our debates.  I was so sick of that song I couldn't listen to 3 seconds of it.  I was happy that other people loved it too, but I needed a break from it.  It was still obviously her best song.  Then I thought back to the time of those debates.  Let's talk about the lives of the 3 little girls involved.

Annie:  In love.  She and her (now) husband had been dating for a few months and they were both super giddy.

KC:  Just ended things with a guy, but wasn't super sad about it because she has fellas lining up at her locker. 

Me:  Still not alright with how things ended with a guy I liked for an embarassing amount of time.  Love sucks.  fml. hahah but really... that's how I felt. 

Then the realization that maybe what is going on in your life determines your favorite Adele song more than which song is actually the best. 

But then again... I feel like I will always love "Someone Like You" the most.  And I am not a little emo kid anymore, so take that!  To my friends: Sorry that I am ALWAYS right.  It must be hard.

2 comments:

Annie G said...

Hahaha... do not include my giddiness in your blog.

I liked that song waaaaaaaaaay before I was giddy and in love.

But I didn't listen to it everyday when I blow dried my hair.

So maybe you're right.

And I'm wrong.

hmph.

Jordan said...

It is hard...