14 April, 2012

Grandma dress ...but not.

Confession: I really love grandma dresses.  But I like to modernize them a bit so they are socially acceptable to wear.  Here is a great one I did this week.  I love mixing classy with fun, so what better way to do that?  This dress was $5. 






shoulder pads: gone.
neckline: loved the bow, but it was too much with the print.  I took off the bow and finished it with some bias tape. 
color blocking: added some lavendar color blocking and also a couple inches to the length.
sleeves: changed them from long to short. 

I thought about changing the buttons, but didn't find any that looked great with it.  Those might change later.

3 comments:

D Bulloch said...

OMG you are the most talented person I know!!! That dress is sooo cute

Jordan said...

too bad you changed the sleeves...

Unknown said...

You're such a woman.